I believe in hope.
I believe in the good in humanity.
And I’ll tell you why; For every ignorant response to my post about feeling powerless there were 25 positive responses. People of all genders who could relate, or showed appreciation, people who sent messages of support or asked for help. People who shared their stories.
There’s always backlash when you say some real shit. And damn, I only wrote about my own experience; for people of colour, *trans folk and many others, the threats from the world at large are even greater.
I was reminded of Lewis’s law, which states: “The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” (Click the link for an excellent/enraging example…)
I was reminded that Daddy likes brave girls. (“You took him to school baby. And gave him an F. For Fuck you.” Hee hee. What a lucky girl I am to have such support.)
I want to be soft, not scared. I believe in change and progress and love.
This one’s for you Tumbl Buddies. <3
- Today I got two INCREDIBLY GOOD phone calls before I was even out of bed yet. The first was that our date with Belle is ON for Saturday, and the other was from my husband who called to say he had just signed a very exciting contract at work that will relieve our financial stress significantly. WINNING FROM MY PILLOW!!!!
- This is the outfit I was wearing when we met Ms. Belle. I was clearly dressed for sass.
- This made me spring a few happy tears. Spontaneous song is one of my favourite fucking things.
- This will make anyone who is a parent or spends time around small children feel better about their existence. Plus I also cry when I can’t have all of the cookies.
- Ivy’s 1st trip to the dungeon sounds like fun. :)
- Last weekend my husband and SansShame and I teamed up and entered a Seinfeld Trivia night at a local lounge.
- We did not win, but our Seinfeld knowledge can only be described as breathtaking.
- We passed an antique store on our way home and I saw a beautiful chandelier in the window. I randomly told my husband that I’d always wanted a gaudy chandelier with pink or purple crystals.
- He just this moment sent me a picture of a dainty chandelier with pink crystals and the message “Well looky here…. do you want it?” (He is demolishing a house at work today, it would have ended up in the dumpster if I hadn’t asked the universe for it.)
- Life is fucking awesome sometimes.
“Fortune and love favour the brave.”