Hey! It’s a way to take pigtails from “fuck with me” to “DON’T FUCK WITH ME”. I’m in love.
Night 1 of trying to read instead of sitting at my laptop when I can’t sleep;
- I figured reading is more productive than sitting and going through the entirety of the Cosby Sweater Project Blog if I’m sleepless.
- I find that while sitting at my laptop my creative brain sparks and pulses and makes me alert and excited, which is great for writing and photo editing, but not so great for GETTING TO SLEEP AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE!!!
- It went really well, except I just started reading Daddy’s Girl by Stella Black… which left me with a very wet puss and a yearning in my throat. (Read an excerpt here.)
- Now here I am out of bed and at my laptop anyway…
- Night 1 is officially a fail… now plan B: Masturbate ‘till infinity. Sigh.
So I’ve decided to cope with the emo/time-change/insomnia combo by being productive. I have replied to all of my Heart mail and organized pictures (and avoided the tempting but emotionally destructive trap of walking down memory lane) and prepped some work stuff.
And I’ve listened to this song on repeat, because it’s pretty fucking awesome. And if it doesn’t lift your spirits I don’t know what will.
Late night texts with former lovers make my heart feel like it’s gonna esplode. Why am I like this? What’s best for me? What do I need? Why don’t I have answers?
Headphones back on Heart. Let’s play that song one more time.
“I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable. “
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Art by: laura kashmir
Oh hey Friday! What’s shakin’?
Sadly my Roller Girl costume will have to wait for another year (my back is feeling much better though thanks, just don’t want to tempt fate…) but that didn’t stop me from snapping a few nakey pics* for you!
And my back-up costume is still super cute.
Did I mention that Halloween is my faaaaaaaaaavourite!!!!!!!!!!!!
*I’d like you to know I have informed my husband that the internet needs to see a better quality photo shoot of me in my roller skates, because my vision here far exceeded the abilities of my self-shot crappy phone pics.